Pages

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Hot Pot Works in Cheras great for braised pig trotters



[Pixs copyright Ewe Paik Leong]

One cloudy afternoon, while driving from Cheras to the city centre, I was caught in a bad traffic jam, so I turned into Taman Midah for some chow. I spotted Hot Pot Works and managed to find a parking bay nearby. Looking through the menu which was in Mandarin, I discovered that this restaurant served food that I was not familiar with. The items were also pricey. As it was near 3 pm, the restaurant's closing time, I settled for braised pig trotters and braised pig intestines. For some reason, the guy who took my order kept talking to me in Mandarin even though I spoke to him in Cantonese. Maybe Hot Pot Works is owned by a foreigner? Anyway, the trotters were quite delicious as the meat was tender and there was no piggy smell. The accompanying salty vegetables provided a great contrast to the flavour of the oyster sauce and star anise.



Address:
Hot Pot Works
No 7 Jalan Midah 5
Taman Midah
Cheras
56000 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-9130 0700

/end

No comments: