Pages

Saturday, January 22, 2022

“Most women drivers are an ungrateful lot!” Mummy Lulu snaps

 

“It doesn’t pay to practise courteous driving.” Mummy Lulu lets annoyance cram in her voice. “Give way to  a woman driver when you’ve right of way; example, at a crossroad, nine out of ten times, she’s ignores you after taking the privilege. Worst offenders are the young cocksuckers, oops, pardon my French, I mean bitches, in shiny cars. Do the same with a lorry driver, and the fucker--though uneducated--still has the courtesy to wave a  hand in a gesture of thanks. Some men flash their headlights to acknowledge. Nine out of ten times, you’ll get a response from male drivers. As an old bitch, I don’t care what anybody thinks about my comment.” She raises two middle fingers. “Tiew nia ma chow hai! I say when I mean and I mean what I say.”

A grin fidgets at the edges of my lips. “Maybe lorry drivers like you, Mummy.” I suck in a sharp breath, connect my gaze with what's beneath her shades, and release it in a noisy exhale. “Phew! After all, you’re so funky.”

A voiceless groan vibrates in Mummy Lulu’s throat. “Aw, cut the wisecrack,” she says, her voice creaking like a rusty gate.

"You practise what you preach?"

A muscle convulses in Mummy Lulu's neck.  "Of course. Whenever a male driver gives way to me, I always toss him a kiss." She puckers her lips and my jaw drops. 

No comments: