Pages

Friday, January 11, 2019

Date and time to receive the God of Wealth for Year of the Pig 2019, according to Sifu Sabrina



I press the doorbell button of Sifu Sabrina’s office in Low Yat Plaza, KL,  and a voice from the wall  intercom asks, “Who’s that?” The tone of the voice can attract bees and ants.

“Ewe.”

“Oh? Come on in.”

The door unlocks with a cluck. I swing it inward and step inside the office. My jaw drops! Sitting on a rosewood chair of antique design, Sifu Sabrina is holding a feng shui book in one hand and is togged up in fishnet stockings and a red top (pix below). 


“Holy cow!" I drag out a chair across her and sit down. “Why’re you dressed like this?” The fragrance of ylang ylang from her perfume teases my nostrils.

“The weather’s horribly hot and I wasn’t expecting any visitors.” Sabrina puts her book away, sits straight and locks her gaze with mine for a moment.  “I don’t see you carrying any Mandarin oranges?” Smiling, she shifts forward in her seat. “So, what’ve you brought for me this time?”

“My book Penang Undercover.” I hand her a thick brown envelope.

Sabrina takes my envelope and pulls out a paperback. “Thanks.” She gives the back cover a once-over and puts the book on the coffee table. “I’ll read it later when I’m free.” She leans forward and releases an exhale. “Now, I’m busy preparing for my Advanced Diploma in Feng Shui – exams are after CNY in Zhengzhou in China.” 

I rest my elbows on the arm rests and steeple my hands. “Have you prayed to Confucius?”

“Confucius only helps those who study hard.”

“Likewise, the God of Wealth only helps those who work hard. So, for 2019, what’s the best time to receive him?”

Sabrina clears her throat. “The God of Wealth will arrive from the South on February 4th. Best time to give him a red-carpet welcome is from 11 pm to 1 am.  Set up a table in your front porch or balcony facing South. Offer food, fruits and wine. Kneel while you hold three joss sticks and tell him your wishes. Then kowtow three times and burn gold incense paper. You can also write your name and wishes on yellow paper and burn it together with the incense paper.  To add mojo to your request, release a few pairs of birds.  Eight will be auspicious.”



“Who’ll be the Grand Duke Jupiter?”

“General Xie Tai will reside in the North-West. So, don’t sleep or sit facing that direction as that’ll be confronting the General. Instead, sleep with your back facing North-West.  As always, don’t disturb that sector of the house with renovations. Instead, hang a string of six ancient coins to ward off the ill effects of the General.” She adjusts the strap of her top. “The Snake is in direct conflict with the General; the Monkey, Tiger and Boar are in indirect conflict. People born under these signs should carry a piyao pendant (right pix).”  

“You’re a Tiger, aren’t you? That makes you thirty-three next year, isn’t it?”

“Don’t be a busybody."  The corners of Sabrina’s lips upturn in a grin.  “Twenty-nineteen is the year of the Earth Boar. Therefore, lucky colours are red, pink and orange which represent Fire. White which represents Metal is also auspicious." She rises. “You’ll have to excuse me. I’ve lots of studying to do.”

Publisher: Monsoon Books Ltd, Leicester, UK




/end

No comments: