Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Must-try nasi kukus from Azul Authentic Nasi Kukus in Prima Selayang





While gallivanting in a new development called Prima Selayang recently, I stumbled upon Azul Authentic Nasi Kukus. As it was time for lunch and parking bays were aplenty, I decided to sample this restaurant's fare. Sitting in the smokingng section at the sidewalk, I ordered nasi kukus and A&W float.




The nasi kukus was served with chicken berempah, cabbage, crackers, a dollop of sambal and slices of cucumber. Gravy was already drizzled over the rice. The rice did not clump together and one bite into the chicken released a burst of full-bodied spicy aroma that was flavourful. Certainly, this is among the best nasi kukus in town. And cheap, too. The A&W float was a refreshing finish to my meal.




When I went to the counter to pay the bill, I met the restaurant's owner, Cik Nor Sa'adah Ghazali (pix above).

"Is your nasi kukus based on Kelantan recipe?"

She flashes a smile. "Yes, I'm from Malek Urai in Kelantan."

"What's your background?"

"I was a quantity surveyor, but I resigned to go into the food business. Our restaurant's still new but later we'll will be serving more lauk to go with the nasi kukus."

No wonder Kelantanese women are well-known for their entrepreneurial spirit. Before I left, she told me that the restaurant will be re-branded Saingkiter from Jan 1, 2016.

Address:
No. 47, Jalan PSB Prima Selayang
Km. 15, Jalan Rawang
68100 Batu Caves
Tel: 019-633 9005
[The restaurant stands opposite UiTM Medical Faculty Selayang Campus.]

Rating: 5/5


/end

No comments: