Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2015

KL Food Truck Feast lacks carnival atmosphere





Yesterday, I visited KL Food Truck Feast at Dataran Merdeka for the first time. As I strolled between the two rows of more than a dozen trucks, I could not feel any carnival atmosphere or excitement. Tables and chairs were also insufficient and some people were standing to wait for empty seats. Burgers, spaghettis and pastas were the most popular items sold. I ate a burger from Flaming Wheels and drank a coconut milk shake from Tropics K'lapa Station. Later, as I made my way to my car parked behind Coliseum Cafe amidst drizzle pattering down, I wondered, "Where is the nearest toilet for customers of the food trucks?" Held on the first and third Saturday of every month, this drab event needs buskers, music and gimmicks to hype it up.










/end


No comments: