Pages

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Satire: Sweet old lady, Ah-Hong Poh, shocked that Chinese herbal medicine subject to GST




[Pix of model for illustration purpose only]

Ah-Hong Poh, the sweet old lady who lives opposite me, says. "This morning I went to consult a Chinese sinseh in Chow Kit. I was shocked when I looked at the bill. It included a 6% GST for the herbal medicine!" She picks up a rolling pin and brandishes it menacingly (left pix). "Now, who's that chibai-kia who said GST won't burden the people?"

I raise a finger to my lips. "Sssssh! You want to be charged for sedition?"

Ah-Hong Poh breaks down and sobs. "I cannot afford the increased cost of living." She dabs her wet eyes with a handkerchief. "I'm going to recycle my sanitary pads since they're also subject to GST. Maybe wash them in the fountain at Jalan Maharajalela near the Chan She Shu Yuen Temple to save on water." She replaces her hankerchief in her pocket. "Is coffin subject to GST?"

/end

No comments: