Pages

Friday, February 13, 2015

Red Apron Kitchen's chawan mushi and chee cheong fun ala Teluk Intan style rates 4/5





While roving in Imbi Wet Market in KL, I stumble upon Red Apron Kitchen. Teluk Intan chee cheong on its sign catches my attention so I grab a nearby table. I order its chee cheong fun ala Teluk Intan style and chawan mushi.






The chee cheong fun tastes as good as the original from Teluk Intan. "I'm from Teluk Intan," explains the stall operator, Amelia Ong (pix above), "so it's based on original recipe." The chawan mushi is as smooth as tau fu far, flavourful and crazily value-for-money. "It's KL Japanese restaurant standard but Teluk Intan price!" she adds. My last order is the oyster peanut porridge. One slurp makes me conclude that it can hold its own against the fare of more famous porridge stalls.

/end

No comments: