Pages

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Petaling Street's Yum Cha is one of the worst cafes in KL Chinatown





I am not overly harsh when I say that Yum Cha is one of the worst cafes in KL Chinatown. I call a spade a spade without fear or favour for the benefit of my readers. First reason, it’s located beside a cheap brothel! Stand at the sidewalk for a while and you can see Bangladeshis, Vietnamese and other foreign coolies trooping up and down the adjacent staircase. Sometimes, the brothel’s lookout –- a scruffy thug -- is stationed downstairs.




Second reason, there is no ceiling. When I was there, the heat from the yellow asbestos roof made me feel uncomfortable even though the air-conditioner and ceiling fans were at full blast.




Third reason, the décor (huh? what décor?) sucks! Old decrepit furniture and pock-marked walls with ugly paint does not encourage seat-warming after your meal. Lastly, the food is so-so. My Penang chee cheong fun was soft, not springy. The tiramisu was okay.




And there is a cutie paper bag for customers to drop in tips!

/end


No comments: