Pages

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Service at Seoul Bing in Setapak is slow but its desserts are yummy





[Pixs copyright Ewe Paik Leong]

After having eaten at Six Inch Cafe, we popped to Seoul Bing to try their desserts. This high-ceilinged cafe is huge and is taken up by about 25 tables. Its menu is displayed behind a self-service counter. The items are divided into seven categories: bing su, toast, tea, juice, ade, coffee and smoothie.

Under toast, there are injeolmi, cheese injeolmi, cheese garlic injeolmi and injeolmi ice cream. Five flavours are offered under bingsu; namely, injeolmi, blue berry cheese, mango cheese, black sesame seed and milk pat.

I ordered injeolmi ice cream toast and mango cheese bingsu and was given a buzzer. After ten minutes, I got impatient and counted the occupied tables. Only five were taken up. Come on, dessert doesn’t need cooking, does it? I wondered. After a few more minutes had ticked away, the buzzer vibrated and I collected my order.




Sitting on the toast – sprinkled with fine peanut powder -- was a scoop of vanilla ice cream drizzled with chocolate. A small cup of condensed milk served as a dip. The contrast in textures and flavours among the three ingredients perked my senses and enlivened my taste buds. As I'm not a milk-lover, my tongue curled in protest when I tried a morsel of toast dipped in the condensed milk. This dessert –- minus the condensed milk -- deserves a 4.5/5 rating.




Mango chee bingsu also romped home as a medalwinner. Ingredients comprised shaved ice, vanilla ice cream, cheese cake cubes and blue berries. The shaved ice was super smooth, much smoother than that of Ice Room. Sinking my teeth in the cheese cake cubes was like chewing marshmallows. The cheese flavour was subtle, not overpowering. But the blue berries made me screw up my face. My rating is 4/5.




The next time when I’m in Setapak, I’d like to go to Seoul Bing again.

Address:
G46, Platinum Victory
No. 128 Jalan Genting Kelang
Setapak
53300 Kuala Lumpur

/end


No comments: