Pages

Friday, August 1, 2014

The good, the bad and the ugly at Gurney Drive Hawker Centre




[Pixs copyright Ewe Paik Leong]

During my last visit to Gurney Drive Hawker Centre in late July, I ate from three stalls. The Good: the pasembur was excellent as its gravy had the right balance of spices. The Bad: The Chinese satay stall was ugh! I ordered its pork satay which was horribly dry and fibroid. Even its gravy lacked flavour. Another thumb-down was the char kwey teow stall in the centre row. Possibly its flat noodle was of inferior quality or the wok was not hot enough. The Ugly: When I stepped out of my car after parking at the side of the road, a matronly hawker displayed her bumbledom with an unwelcome derisive warning: "You can get fined for parking here. Can't you see? Got yellow line!"




/end

No comments: