Pages

Monday, March 24, 2014

Stir-fried assam laksa at Hakka Marble is unique and rates four out of five stars



[Pixs copyright Ewe Paik Leong]

Hakka Marble Restaurant is popular with Cheras folks for its Hakka Marble and stir-fried Penang assam laksa. I ate at this fan-ventilated coffee-shop when I was working on an assam laksa article for New Straits Times. I did not like the Hakka Marble but the stir-fried assam laksa caught my fancy. The dish consisted of standard noodles fried with laksa spices and topped with sliced cucumber, pineapple, red chilies and a prawn. Taste? A pungent taste with a sharp bite assailed my taste buds and a spicy aroma wafted out through from the nostrils. Rating 4/5


Consistency of quality is missing, however. When I returned a month later, the dish didn’t taste so scrumptious. The restaurant opens from 3 pm, and is closed on Tuesday. Rating: 4/5.

No.10 Jalan 34/154,
Taman Bukit Anggerik
Batu 7, Cheras
56000 Kuala Lumpur

/end


No comments: