Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

S.WINE in Publika unreliable and not worth the price


[Pix copyright: Ewe Paik Leong]

S.WINE is a pork restaurant nestled in B.I.G. in Publika shopping mall in Solaris Dutamas. Main course items are available from 11 am onward. It's 12.30 pm. I order "Five Spice Chinese BBQ Pork" but the waiter tells me it's not ready yet. So I settle for the breakfast items -- Momofuku Pork Bun (RM18.50), Mexicana Pulled Pork (RM28.90) and Hot Jasmine Tea (RM7).

Inside a dainty basket come the mantou -- only four pieces each wrapped around a slice of fat. The play of texture is interesting. Mexicana Pulled Pork consists of a slice of toast and a bowl of red beans with egg and four/five pieces of pork. Each piece, which looks like having been whacked flat by the side of a cleaver, measures only 2 inches by 1 inch. How much does a can of red beans cost? I wonder. That's the kind of no-value you get from S.WINE. Will I return? No. (Table: D03. Bill No. 00002635 Cashier: Collin Liew Kiat Hing)

/end

No comments: