Pages

Saturday, September 18, 2021

Interesting trivia about hair among top leaders of the Chinese Communist Party

 


“Have you noticed that top leaders of the Chinese Communist Party all have black hair?” Mummy Lulu asks, resting her elbows on the metal table.

I take a sip of my Asahi beer. “Nope.”

 


“Dyeing one’s hair black is compulsory--I repeat, compulsory--for the top brass of the CCP.” Mummy Lulu lifts her glass of tequila, slams it down her throat and releases an exhale. “It is regarded as a sign of a powerful man, and a powerful man cannot let ageing show on his hair.” She plunks the glass down on the table

“Gee… where did you learn that?”

“I read it in a book titled Inside the Mind of Xi Jinping written by Francois Bougon.”

 


“Holy cow!” I fish my cell phone from my shirt pocket. “I need to call my hairdresser now! I want to make an appointment to dye my hair!”

/end

No comments: