Pages

Monday, January 13, 2020

Ways to appease the Grand Duke Jupiter or Tai Sui in year 2020, according to feng shui consultant Sifu Sabrina


I put my box of mandarin oranges outside the door of Sifu Sabrina’s office in Low Yat Plaza, KL, rap my knuckles on it a few times and push it open. I heft up the box  with both hands, step inside and kick the door shut with my heel. “Good afternoon, Sabrina!” Sweet thunderation! She is togged up in clothes that can destroy a man’s sanity!




Sifu Sabrina swivels away from her computer to face me. “Ooooooh!  Is that for me? Thank you, thank you! ” She rises, moves to the sitting area in a far corner and plops down on a cushioned chair. “Please leave it on the coffee table.”

I stride across the room, set the box on the black coffee table and sit across Sabrina. “Can we discuss next year’s Tai Sui?”  

“Sure.” A smile tips the corners of Sabrina’s mouth, creating two dimples at her cheeks. “Have some Chinese tea, please.” Leaning forward, she takes an upturned porcelain cup with dragon motifs set on a metal tray and clunks it upright in front of me.  “It’s pu erh tea—excellent for clearing cholesterol.” From a pumpkin-shaped pot, she fills my cup with tea and sits straight, her eyes like pools of warm melted chocolate.

I pull out a notepad and a ball pen from my shirt pocket. “Fire away, please.”   

“Rat and Horse are in direct conflict with Tai Sui; Rabbit and Rooster; indirect conflict.” Sabrina crosses her legs at the knees, allowing one sandal to dangle at her  big toe. “Year 2020’s Tai Sui is General Lu Mi who sits in the north.” She pauses as I scribble in my notepad. “One way to neutralize his energy is to celebrate a birthday or a wedding grandly. Or if a family member gives birth, throw a big-scale full-moon dinner for the baby.” She adjusts the strap of her top and brushes a stray hair away from her forehead. “Second way is to place a pi yao in the north  direction of the living room and office. You can buy the pi yao easily from a feng shui store. The four affected Zodiac animals should carry the pi yao amulet with them.  The third way to appease Tai Sui is to pray to him at a temple.” She leans forward and stretches out her right arm, her blood-red nail polish glistening under the room lights. “Your notepad, please.”

I hand over my notepad and ball pen, lift my porcelain cup and glug a mouthful of tea.  Leaning back in my chair, I swipe my lips with a handkerchief.   

Sabrina flips to a new page, lowers her eyelashes and scribbles on it. “Here’re a few temples that I recommend.”  Her arched brows crease in concentration for a while. “There! Here you are.” She returns my notepad to me.  



I read the list mentally.   

Sentul Kuan Yin Teng
No. 36, Jalan Sentul Permai, KL

Sin She Si Sze Ya Temple
No. 113A, Jalan Tun H.S. Lee, Kuala Lumpur

Guan Di Temple, Kuala Lumpur
No. 168, Jalan Tun H.S. Lee, KL

Jinjang Sin Thye Foo Yan Temple
Jalan Jinjang Aman 4, Off Jalan Kepong, KL

Setapak Shang Qing Gong
No. 48, Jalan Air Biru, Off Jalan Air Panas, Setapak, KL

Kuan Yin Temple
Junction of Jalan Ipoh/Jalan Tun Razak
(Opposite Dynasty Hotel), KL




“Thank you.” I return my notepad and pen to my shirt pocket.

“Of course, don't renovate the northern sector of the house, shift the TV away if it is placed in the north of the living room, don’t sit facing north at home and in the office—that' a confrontational position—but sit with your back facing north. In this way, Tai Sui will be your guardian not adversary.”   Sifu Sabrina jolts to her feet. “That’s all I have to say. Thanks for coming.”  


                                                                   **********

Ten things you didn't know about Sifu Sabrina, KL's top feng shui consultant

Please click on the link below to know:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPQahLivAnc


No comments: