Pages

Sunday, August 18, 2019

Be careful of Facebook friends, warns Jessica of Hot Legs Nightclub & Karaoke




[All pixs of model for illustration only]

Jessica sprinkles some salt on her beef burger (pix above). “What’s your FB account, Ewe?”

I lift my glass and take a gulp of my Coca-Cola. “Why? I don’t have one.” I put the glass down on the table with a thud.

“Register one and connect with us. Then we can inform you of our promotions, themed parties and new hostesses.”

Jessica and I are sitting in Food Republic in Pavilion-KL, five minutes stroll away from Hot Legs Nightclub & Karaoke in Bukit Bintang.

“Hot Legs Nightclub has a Facebook account?”

Jessica whisks out her mobile phone from her jeans back pocket. “Yes, I also have a personal one." She taps a few buttons on her mobile phone and shows its screen to me. “See? This the Nightclub’s account.” She touches another button. “This is mine.”

 My jaw drops! “Great balls of fire! You got 40,000 friends and 10,000 followers!  Found a boyfriend among them?”

“I don’t need any boyfriend." Jessica chomps on her burger (pix below).  "All customers of Hot Legs Nightclub are my boyfriends. Men don't mean anything to me. They can be discarded like soiled sanitary pads and replenished.”



“Wow!” I pick up a hot French fry and blow on it.  “You’re true to your profession.” I pop it into my mouth

“In my line of work, blowing a kiss or calling a man ‘darling’ are frivolous gestures. Only suckers, err, I mean amateur night-clubbers fall for them.” She wipes her lips with a finger and sniggers. "Back to your  question. 
Men of all kinds lurk on Facebook. Do they offer true friendship or true love?” She shrugs her shoulders. “Hard to tell. But I’m street-smart enough not to fall for sugary talk and hook up with any of them. If a woman is promiscuous and wants one-night stands, then fine,  go ahead and pursue online relationships indiscriminately.  If she is seeking true love, she should be triple careful—not double— of who she establishes a relationship with on Facebook. Hook up with the wrong guy, and she'll get tossed away like used toilet paper after the son-of-bitch has had his sex fling."

I wipe my mouth with a piece of serviette. “How to separate the genuine from the fake suitors?” I crumple the serviette and toss it on the table.

Jessica leans back in her chair. “His mother!” 

I scratch the back of my head. “Oh? How?”

“The girl should ask the man to introduce his mother.” She pushes stray strands of hair away from her face. "If he's sincere, he'd not be afraid to show his new-found girlfriend to his mother."

"How to separate a gold-digger from a woman genuinely seeking love on social media? Any advice?”

Jessica’s immaculately drawn eyebrows shoot up. “Sheesh! My advice is not free.” She checks her wrist watch. “I gotta go; come and buy me a lady’s drink tonight, then we can talk.” She rises and waves. “Bye-bye! Thanks for the lunch.”



  
                                                                   *****

Pattaya Undercover will be released soon 



Publisher: Monsoon Books Ltd, Leicester, UK
No. of pages: 254

/end

No comments: