Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Flaming Melt’s fare is pretty decent in taste




[Pixs copyright Ewe Paik Leong]

We stumbled upon Flaming Melt while searching for food in Dataran Sunway. The moment we stepped inside Flaming Melt, the smell of cheese overwhelmed us. The seats were comfortable and the lighting was slightly dim. Tables were pretty close and I could hear what the patrons at another table were talking about. Above the counter, pictures of the different items were displayed. Though a self-service restaurant, the food was brought to us as there were only two tables at that time (2:45pm). The BBQ Pulled Chicken Melt had a sourish tinge because of one ingredient but I could not make it out, and the cheese melt did not dominate the texture. Rather, the crumbly toast shared the limelight with the cheese melt. The Tomato Sriracha Chicken Quesadilla reminded me of the roti canai chicken ham wrap I ate at Mr. Roti Canai in Putera Heights a week ago. Serious! But, Flaming Melt’s fare packed stronger flavour. The tomato soup was too spicy for me –- it had a heavy dose of pepper -- so my missus ate it. When we left, Saw Wen Xin, the café’s founder, bade “Thank you!” (Later, I saw her picture on flamingmelt.com). My evaluation: Flaming Melt is an excellent alternative to O’Briens.




Address:
17-1, Jalan PJU 5/10
Dataran Sunway, Kota Damansara
47810 Petaling Jaya
Tel: 017-472 4284

No comments: