Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Choi Goh Spicy Steam Fish Restaurant in Bandar Manjalara a disappointment




[Pixs copyright Ewe Paik Leong]

The sign of the restaurant seemed to promise interesting dishes so I decided to partake my lunch here. I ordered spicy steam fish head with pork belly (one of its signature dishes), pork ribs and radish with petai. The supervisor, a lanky lass with straight long hair, must have been dreaming of her future days as a catwalk model when she took my order. Instead of radish with petai, I was served long beans. The lady boss offered profuse apologies for screwing up the order. Then the pork ribs came. Holy Toledo! They were as tough as elephant hide! Finally, the fish was served on an aluminium platter sitting on a butane gas burner. Mama mia! My mother’s home-cooked fish tasted better than this average dish. Christ! I’ll never come back.



My bill was as follows:
Fish head RM36
Vegetables RM10
Spare ribs RM18
Three white rice RM3.90
One pot Pu Erh RM6

Choi Goh Spicy Steam Fish Restaurant
86 Jalan N8/62A
Bandar Manjalara
52200 Kuala Lumpur

/end

No comments: