Pages

Sunday, December 23, 2012

The Dish at Dua Residency serves exquisite fare



[Pixs copyright Ewe Paik Leong]

“For my birthday, let’s take buffet tapas brunch at the Dish,” my daughter says.

My wife looks up from the newspaper she's holding in her hands. “Good idea!”

I'm a lau jiao [old bird] with economical eateries but when it comes to the latest fancy restaurants, I'm a sin jiao [new bird]. “Where is it?” I scratch the back of my head.

“Dua Residency.” Christ, I’ve never heard of it. I must update myself.

Hachiko [pix below] is sitting on my lap, and I tickle her fluffy cheek. “How much per head?” I ask.


“Ninety-nine plus plus,” replies my daughter, staring at her laptop.

My jaw drops and I slap my forehead with my open palm. I feel dizzy and the living room suddenly becomes dark!

********

I feel something wet and rough rubbing against my cheeks. I open my eyes. Hachiko is licking my face. “Good girl,” I say, patting her head. "You want to mum-mum?" She wags her tail. For that price -- to get my money's worth -- I am thinking of smuggling Hachiko in a tote bag into the restaurant, and discreetly letting it have a chow down!

*******

We tootle to Dua Residency on Jalan Tun Razak. Dish is located inside the premises of the Delicious Group. The valet parking costs RM6.









We tick off almost all items in the order sheet. Served quickly, they are exquisite in taste and presentation. How I wish Hachiko can be here.

/end


No comments: