Thursday, September 27, 2012
Car care: protecting new paint
[Article copyright Ewe Paik Leong]
So, you have just re-sprayed your car. Having collected it from the painting workshop, there are a few things to avoid as new paint is vulnerable to damage. They are:
(1) Avoid bird droppings or tree sap from falling on the new paint by keeping the car in a sheltered garage.
(2) If bird dropping or tree sap fall on the car, remove them immediately with a special formulated car wash.
(3) Don’t use the services of a commercial car wash for at least 30 days.
(4) Don’t use high-pressure hoses or brushes when washing the car. Use only soft cotton towels or sponges when washing the car.
(5) Don’t wax or polish the car for at least 60 days. Use only an abrasive-free polish.
(6) Don’t use any rubber, vinly or plastic protectants on the car’s surface.
(7) Don’t drive on untarred gravel roads
(8) Don’t expose the car to either extreme heat (such as long hours in direct sunlight) or extreme cold. /end